Terms and Conditions:
Refund Policy: No tuition refunds are given after classes begin. An administrative fee of $25.00 will be deducted upon cancellations occuring prior to the start of the semester.
Options if you already registered and paid for spring 2020:
- Select "Pay Later"
- Leave a comment in the comments section with your selection. See below
- Roll your tuition into the online classes and receive a class credit for the remaining balance
- Transfer your tuition to our scholarship fund and help a family who wants music!
- Donate your tuition or remaining balance credit to The San Diego Food Bank
- No Online For you - Get Class Credit
- Specific Questions: Contact us or text 858.412.0643
Make-up Class Policy:
- Missed classes can only be made up within the same session in either a Music Together® or Canta y Baila Conmigo class. Missed classes are not credited towards future sessions.
- Make-ups are allowed in any class and any location as long as there is space available in that class. Overcrowding is unpleasant and a safety concern.
- Schedule your make-up online
- NO REFUNDS/class credit after the 1st class. The $20 new family fee is nonrefundable and nontransferable.
- If your childs' preschool, nap, or your work schedule changes let us know and we will do our best to find an alternate class, space permitting. NO REFUNDS!
- No siblings fees or discounted fees for cousins + nanny shares...SIBLINGS ONLY!
- 100% refund or class credit will be given to the enrollee if a class is canceled due to insufficient registration and an alternate class is not open.
- $20 New family registration fees apply to ALL families who have never registered for a 3-10 week session with Songbirds Music, LLC.
- $15 late registration fee if you have not paid your tuition by the second class meeting
- $10 fee will be added to all prorated rates.
- $30 fee for returned checks
- Active military families with valid ID are eligible for 10% one child's tuition. Does not apply to siblings.
- Materials: In the event that a refund is granted and you have received class materials, they must be returned unopened in mint, re-sellable condition (e.g., Books and CDs in original plastic shrink wrap, etc.) or you will be charged an additional $45.
- Tuition/class credit is nontransferable unless used for an additional child/children in the same family.
- In the event of a natural disaster (fire, earthquake, storm, viral contamination, or other health related issues) or mandatory closures, every effort will be made to offer makeup classes, but canceled classes will not be refunded for reasons beyond our control.
- Class schedules, locations, class times and teaching staff are subject to change. Advance notice will be given whenever possible and/or as information becomes available.
- Changing your class may result in a shorter session. You have unlimited make-ups to account for your any classes missed. No refunds for switching into a class with a shorter session.
- If you are unable to take a class for which you have paid, please call 858.638.7232 or email the director. Every effort will be made to place you in an alternate class.
- Songbirds Music, LLC is not responsible for any damage that may occur to your personal belonging in class.
- By registering for classes with Songbirds Music, LLC, you grant consent for video or still photos to be taken before, during or after class may be used in print or electronic form and distributed to former, current or future families. You may opt-out of this consent by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Make-up Class Policy:
- Missed classes can only be made up within the same session in either a Music Together or Canta y Baila Conmigo class. Missed classes are not credited towards future sessions.
- Make-ups are allowed in any class
- Schedule your make-up online
Cell Phone Policy: In keeping with the purpose of our music classes (to spend time with and make music with our children/family), we respectfully ask you to refrain from picture taking and non-emergency cell phone use during class time. This can be distracting to others, but it also takes precious time away from your child. In addition, we want to respect the privacy of all our families. We want to create the best possible learning environment for your child and we appreciate your help in achieving this goal. If you would like to have a chance to take pictures in class, please discuss this with your teacher and a special "picture day" or "photo moment" may be prearranged. If a photographer takes pictures in class, Songbirds Music will let you know in advance.
Each family is allowed one scheduled child guest or sibling per semester. A $15 guest fee will be charged for any additional child guests or siblings. All guests must be scheduled to ensure that there is room in the class and that your guest will not create overcrowding in the classroom. Overcrowding is unpleasant and can be unsafe for the children. Adult guests are always welcome and do not need to be scheduled in advance. Questions? Contact email@example.com or call 858/412.0643
Sick Children: Please DO NOT bring your sick child to class. If your child has had a fever or a significant cough/diarrhea for 24hr please keep them home. Part of why we have a very flexible make-up policy is so your child can stay home a get better when they are ill. Please be considerate of the other families who share the music space with you.
Updated Health and Wellness Protocol
We reserve the right to dismiss a family when, in the sole discretion of Songbirds Music, the family cannot be served with safety and with respect for the rights of other class members. Dismissal is accompanied by a pro-rated refund for the remainder of the semester less the semester's registration fee and $20 for new families.
I agree to waive Songbirds Music, LLC Music Together® and its staff and teachers, Music Together LLC, Dance Place, NTC, San Diego County, and the United States Government of all claim for personal injury or property damage that may arise from use of the facilities before, during and after classes. I also accept responsibility for my safety and the safety of my children at the class location before, during and after classes. I agree to abide by the regulations listed in this brochure.
Wear comfy clothes. In our classes you and your child will be sitting on the floor, dancing around the room, jumping up and down, banging on a drum, and participating in many other fun and energetic activities. Please dress comfortably. Also, please be aware that for the safety of our little ones crawling around on the floor, we ask that everyone remove their shoes before entering the classroom. Bring socks!
Hello everybody, so glad to see you! The "Hello Song" is a beloved ritual that welcomes the children at the beginning of each class. Children delight in hearing their own name in the Hello Song, so please arrive on time for class.
Shhhh! Keep non-music related chatter to a minimum. Enhance your child's experience in class by remembering to sing, sing, sing! Your active participation (regardless of what you think your musical ability is) is the key to your children learning and growing musically. Support the creation of a music-only environment while in class by not talking to your children or other adults during the 45 minutes. Since it is difficult for a young child to tune out adult conversation, please wait to socialize till after class, and instead contribute to the creation of a musical environment for the children to absorb.
Allow your child to participate at their own comfort level. Some days that might mean that your little one is "just" sitting and absorbing the musical atmosphere around them. Other days it might be wearing a tambourine as a hat, singing parts of the songs, or dancing along to the music in a corner of the classroom. As long as your child is safe to himself and others, we encourage every child to experience the class in whatever way is most meaningful and developmentally appropriate to them.
Media Release: By registering for classes with Songbirds Music, LLC, you grant consent for video or still photos to be taken before, during or after class may be used in print or electronic form and distributed to former, current or future families. You may opt-out of this consent by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org